Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Brighton & Hove Children’s Festival returns in 2012 with a ten-day arts festival for children under 11 and their families. The festival runs from 6-15th April and this year is challenging families to take part in a series of events, performances and workshops all inspired by the theme of Bravery.
Some of the highlights include:
- You’ll like this film because you’re in it – A family filmmaking event inspired by the community filmmaking ideas of cinematic virtuoso Michel Gondry. Families are given all the equipment to write, direct and star in their own short film about bravery.
- Dancing in Darkness – A family dance class which takes place in gradually dimming light and culminates in disco in the darkness.
- Daring Dress Up – Back by popular demand, community dress up team Gladrags invite families to dress up, add some sparkle and shine, and complete a series of dares around the city centre.
- Celebrating Grandparents – An interactive event which aims to challenge out dated views of grand parents and celebrate the vital role they play in modern family life.
- Great Expectations – A chance for expectant mothers, fathers and siblings to creatively express and share their thoughts about their uniquely brave adventure.
Over half of the festivals events are also free of charge including Break the Spell: On Friday 13 April, the unluckiest day of all, the festival is inviting families to challenge their bad luck superstitions by undertaking a series of activities including walking under a ladder trail, putting up umbrellas and making single magpies. All families will be asked to monitor their luck during the following week and post any significant or insignificant finding on our blog.
This year the festival is jointly led by Komedia Productions Ltd and Brighton & Hove Arts Commission. Komedia will be the festival hub with a full programme of events running from 9th-14th April and will be the home of the festival box office and information point. Other venues involved across the city include Brighton Dome, Jubilee Square and The Basement.
Box office no. 0845 293 8480 (Tues-Sat 12noon-6pm)
Online tickets (including free slots): www.thechildrensfestival.co.uk
For more information about the festival or to join our mailing list please visit:
or e-mail email@example.com
You can also follow us on:
jonm 11.9999 Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4